Administrative Support– Legislative, Community and Agricultural Services – Maternity Leave (7 months) MVC12-2022 - Closing Noon Friday July 22, 2022
$26.42/hr (WC, Step 1) 35-hour work week Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm – 1 hour unpaid lunch
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Legislative, Community & Agricultural Services, this position provides a variety of confidential administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the section and overall department. Schedules appointments and makes meeting arrangements; deals with public inquiries and concerns as appropriate; provides the public with information and guidance relevant to the department’s focus; processes incoming and outgoing mail; transcribes or types material from written or verbal sources; prepares and distributes meeting agendas; serves as recording secretary for designated meetings; maintains and updates records, projects and files.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Types and maintains, in accordance with priorities, correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and material for the Assistant Director, Community Services and Patrol.
- Acts as the Recording Secretary for the Agricultural Services Board (ASB), Grant Review Committee, Cremona Recreation Board; preparing agendas and compiling pertinent meeting information including any follow up action items or requests.
- Arranges and organizes seminars and meetings, books facilities, travel arrangements for designated personnel as required;
- Organizes and maintains filing systems relative to the functional areas, in conjunction with the County’s Records
Management Coordinator; including all paper, digital files and maps.
- Enforcement ticket data entry and tracking, database management including assisting the Community Patrol Officers in completing necessary letters, court documents and back up information.
- Assists the section in providing administrative support for permitting, communications, circulations, brochures and information items. Coordinates special events and maintains the County’s promotional material items.
- Receives public complaints and concerns specific to functional areas; routes complaints and concerns to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent and post-secondary training in Office Administration;
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience, preferably in a municipal setting, in the capacity of an administrative support;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within specific timeframes, in a fast-paced climate;
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with requests, complaints and clarification of information;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills. With the ability to work with the public and staff at all levels with the County with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment;
- High degree of competency in using computers in the technical areas of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $26.42/hr
Position Type: Maternity Leave (7 months remaining)
Posted Date: Jul 13, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 22, 2022
Job ID: MVC12 - 2022