The City of Camrose is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and reliable individual with a strong aptitude in customer service and office administration to fill the full-time permanent position of Administrative Support 3 – Infrastructure, Public Works.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by October 20, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose, Attention: General Manager of Infrastructure
Office Address: 4202 – 51 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 2N3
Mailing Address: 5202 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.5513 | F: 780.672.4257 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.camrose.ca
Key Responsibilities Include:
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Preforms customer service duties which include answering and directing telephone calls, recording messages and greeting and directing visitors.
- Compiles payroll by entering attendance and time entry for public works departments, processes leave sheets and sends reports to those who require them for processing.
- Updates and maintains all Public Works employees training and certification profiles in DATS.
- Scanning, filing, faxing, emailing and photocopying of documentation and correspondence.
- Prepares, edits and formats various documents, reports, spreadsheets and/or presentations.
- Provides administrative and operational support to Managers and co-workers, when required.
- Updates public as to road closure notifications, newsflash public alerts through various mediums such as mailouts, phone calls, the City’s website, etc.
- Creates custom invoicing and debit memos, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Data entry for various databases including fuel inventory and mileage entry for all City issued vehicles, online tenders, accident reports for the City Police, etc.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence including parcels, internal and external letters, etc.
- Answers questions, concerns and directs service calls regarding sani-dump, concrete dump, cemetery, excavation permits to the appropriate department.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with a preference of post-secondary courses in office administration and customer service training. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience preferable within a municipal environment and two (2) years of direct customer service experience.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge/experience of Electronic Document Management Software required.
- Experience with completion of time cards and calculation of overtime for salaried staff.
- Ability to prioritize routine and project work during busy periods while considering working as part of a team.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Oct 11, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 20, 2022