The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our safety-oriented team to fill a one-year Maternity leave as Administrative Assistant for our Protective Services team. This position provides day-to-day support for the Fire, Enforcement Services and Emergency Disaster Programs, which includes a team of 2 Community Peace Officers and 8 volunteer Fire Departments across the County (with over 160 volunteer firefighters).
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL - Administrative Assistant - Protective Services Dept." can be submitted by Friday, March 26, 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
4912-50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implement and support legislation, policy, bylaws, Standard Operating Procedures and Provincial Statutes. Knowledge of such guidelines is essential.
- Process violation tickets and maintain registers compliant with Provincial Court documentation.
- Assist with coordination of training, certificates and other requirements for volunteer firefighters.
- General confidential administrative duties such as receiving public complaints, preparing agenda items/reports/presentations, A/P and A/R support.
- Office Administration or Business Administration diploma
- Familiarity with OMNIGO-Software and JOIN (Justice Online Information Network) is an asset
- Familiarity with Central Square (Diamond/Great Plains) software is an asset
- Phone and email etiquette is essential to manage public concerns
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of organizational skills and superior communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, database management
- Ability to work with the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, yet enjoy collaborating with colleagues and peers
- Experience with emergency services would be considered an asset
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Mar 10, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 26, 2021