Posting ID: 21 - 52
Administrative Assistant, Engineering and Environment
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$52,634.40 - $65,738.40 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Administrative Assistant, Engineering and Environment.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Director, Engineering and Environment, the AA Engineering and Environment provides administrative support to the department and several boards and committees (i.e. the Leduc Environmental Advisory Board). This position also oversees inquiry resolution on the city’s waste collection, coordinates cemetery plot assignment, and assists to coordinate and participate in environmental events.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and Environment project support including directing inquiries and taking appropriate action for all incoming calls
and in-person requests;
- Agenda preparation and distribution, and recording of minutes for both department and external committees/boards as required, including day and occasional evening attendance
- Creation and maintenance of files (both paper and electronic) using the City’s Corporate Records System
- Organizing and coordination of environmental events, i.e. Arbour Day
- Administer the TRAVIS MJ system to permit over-weight and over-dimensional vehicles traveling through the City
- Maintain office supplies and general inventory
- Assist with maintaining miscellaneous databases and compile related reports, including MasterCard statements
- Assist Leduc cemetery clients in making arrangements; maintain cemetery related records and legal filing system; receive and process funds for burials; complete necessary paperwork for filing purposes; coordinate with Public Services for burial and monument requests
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
- Office Administration/Secretarial Diploma from an accredited business school or college
- Minimum 2 years’ directly related secretarial/administrative experience in a demanding, fast-paced office environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications with the ability to learn new applications
- Excellent independent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable teamwork and promote positive internal/external customer service
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and experience working in Municipal government experience would be an asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on September 10, 2021. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 23, 2021
Closing Date: Sept 23, 2021