Woodlands County is a rural municipality, 150 kilometres NW of Edmonton, with an area of 7,668 sq km.
The County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake, and Fort Assiniboine. With a population of over 4,700 residents, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Administrative Assistant provides support the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
. A member of the senior management team, the individual assists the CAO, Council, and Council Committees. This position is responsible for correspondence, scheduling and recordkeeping for the CAO office and Council.
The position is responsible for:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the CAO and Council
- Responsible for the preparation of Council meetings, including creating and reviewing documents, recording and disseminating minutes, meeting room preparation, and coordinating meals.
- Coordinate appointments, meeting and conference attendance, including calendar management, invitations, and travel bookings
- Create a variety of correspondence on behalf of the CAO and Council
- Responsible for the coordination and processing of MasterCard reconciliation and expense reports
- Ability to plan and coordinate events and functions
- Track and approve financial expenditures ensuring accurate record-keeping
- Maintain filing systems with a high level of attention to detail
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Strong competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Proven multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and in a team setting
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to projects and on-going tasks
- Certificate in office administration, public administration, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience, preferably in a municipal setting
- Experience working with Council, Boards, and Committees
- NACLAA certificate, considered an asset
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 24, 2022
Closing Date: June 18, 2022
Job ID: Competition No: 2022-009