The Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA), established in 1909, represents the elected councils of Alberta’s 69 rural municipalities. The RMA’s mission is to empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnership, effective advocacy, and collective business services. The RMA fosters a collaborative work environment, and strives to operate as an innovative, responsive, and learning organization.
The Accounts Payable/Administrative Clerk position will assist in all invoicing activities, including accounts payable, invoicing concerns, corrections, and invoice adjustments.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of various accounts payable transactions. Other responsibilities may include supporting the Financial Analysts with a variety of accounting tasks during the upcoming system implementation. A sound knowledge invoice processing and experience using accounts payable and purchasing modules is required.
The Accounts Payable/Administrative Clerk will have access to highly confidential member and association information, and it is expected and required that the information be held in the strictest confidence.
Term: This is a temporary 6-month contract position
Key Responsibilities Include:
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
• Processing invoices
• Reconciliation of accounts payable and some receivables
• Collection and compilation of data
• Receiving and verifying invoices for members and suppliers
• Effectively communicating supplier information
• Prepare batches for data entry
• Enter invoices for payment
• Prepare vendor/supplier payments
• Process backup reports
• Processing payments, compiling and entering data into the SAGE/ACCPAC system
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in accounting, business or a related discipline or applicable work experience and training.
• 2 – 3 years of accounting or accounts payable/receivable experience
• Experience working with SAGE/ACCPAC and invoicing systems
• Experience with Great Plains software would be an asset
• High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
• Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills, and exceptional organizational and planning skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Proficiency in data entry
• Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
• Aptitude for dealing with members and suppliers.
• Strong time management skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
• Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
• Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
• Able to and enjoy working in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
• Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma), and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
Candidates must submit, in confidence, a covering letter and resume detailing qualifications, work experience, and reference to: Monica An, HR Analyst.
We thank all applicants in advance of their submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be notified.