Position Type: Seasonal, Temporary, Post-Secondary Student
Rate of Pay: $20.62 - $24.12
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Competition Close Date: April 21, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Sturgeon County is looking for an Accounting or Business Administration student who is has a desire to learn and gain valuable work experience this summer! This position is responsible for assisting with accounting functions, providing coverage to other finance positions and working on special projects as requested. If you're self-motivated, open to new challenges, enjoy working within a team environment, we encourage you to apply!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting Finance department staff with accounting functions.
- Complete special projects.
- Balance bank deposits and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries.
- Accept and receipt payments for municipal goods and services.
- Assist with records data entry inventory and storage.
- Provide relief for other finance positions and duties.
- Complete other related duties as assigned by Budget & Financial Planner.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Priority will be given to those who are currently enrolled fulltime in an Accounting or Business Administration program at a recognized post-secondary educational institution and intend on returning to the same program in the upcoming fall term.
- Ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer service in a consistent and professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working both independently and in group settings.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $20.62 - $24.12
Position Type: Seasonal, Temporary
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 21, 2021
Job ID: 37-2021