Posting ID: 22-47
Accountant, Recreation & Accounting Services
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$82,682.60 - $103,321.40 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Accountant, Recreation & Accounting Services for our Finance Department.
About this Opportunity:
The Accountant, Recreation & Accounting Services reports to the Manager, Accounting services. This position works collaboratively with Recreation Services and other city departments, leaseholders, sponsors, user groups, and customers as the main financial contact on behalf of the Leduc Recreation Center (LRC). This position has many complexities that are enhanced due to the need for independently understanding a diverse set of challenges. This position also shares responsibilities with other areas of finance for ensuring all internal and external financial reporting is timely and accurate and provides the most reliable information to internal and external users.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the review and prioritization of capital projects, monitor expenditures, and re-evaluate project needs on an ongoing basis for Recreation Services and the LRC
- Review all individual/department/unit, etc. budgets within the
- LRC, in consultation with operations management and compile the overall LRC budget
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial records that induce the status of operational and capital projects compared to budget for the LRC and recreation services
- Track revenue and expenses in the recreational software by comparing figures with the accounting software to ensure invoicing, A/R reports, and discrepancies are corrected in a timely manner
- Manage and oversee all accounting related duties for the LRC
- Work collaboratively with Recreation Services management staff to provide high-level financial guidance to support the continuous improvement of the overall financial operations of the facility
- Participate in organizational/strategic management for the LRC
- Track and account for City investments including maintaining the Investment spreadsheet, processing accounting entries and completing the quarterly and year end accrual
- Act as the financial liaison and perform all accounting entries for the Maclab Center of Performing Arts
- Provide support and backup for tangible capital asset (TCA) accounting
- Support the Manager, Accounting Services and the department as a whole with special projects, reporting requests and workflow process improvements.
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields
- Accounting designation or working towards designation is required
- Minimum 5 years in a senior accountant role, preferably in a municipal setting
- An understanding of recreation facility operations is an asset
- Experience with strategic and business planning processes, budget processes, and financial reporting and forecasting is required
- Knowledge of IntelliLeisure software and Microsoft applications, Team Budget (Questica), Great Plains Software, Workday software and Interplan (CAMMS) is an asset
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on May 6, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 21, 2022
Closing Date: May 06, 2022